- The PTO welcomed teachers Back to School with our annual teacher luncheon! A Baked Potato Bar from Texas Roadhouse, salads and more were served!
- "Playground Kits" were distributed at the luncheon to every homeroom class filled with sidewalk chalk, hoover soccer ball, spike set (or something similar), and a playground ball.
- Two new buddy benches were ordered for our HES students. They will be installed in the Kindergarten playground and the HES playground in September.
- Two new picnic tables were ordered for teachers to enjoy outside in the courtyard. They will be installed in September.
- We used funds from our HES Projects Budget to help purchase new items for the teacher's lounge (microwave, refrigerator, chairs and more).
- We had our first Spirit Night of the school year at Sincerely Yogurt! We raised over $80 (thank you!) but Sincerely Yogurt was gracious enough to make it a $200 donation!
- The PTO hosted our first school assembly for HES in a very long time! Joe Klimchak, who is the In-Game Host of the Pittsburgh Pirates, spoke to our HES students. He inspires students by sharing his personal story about having a speech impediment and landed his dream job as a sports announcer.
- The PTO hosted our first school assembly for HMS in a very long time!Joe Klimchak, who is the In-Game Host of the Pittsburgh Pirates, spoke to our HMS students. He inspires students by sharing his personal story about having a speech impediment and landed his dream job as a sports announcer.
- We hosted our teachers with a Bookfair Preview breakfast! Coffee was donated from Starbucks and we treated teachers to Nothing Bundt Cakes while they added books to their classroom wish lists! We also raffled off two $100 Scholastic Gift Cards and two Yoga Ball/Pencil Sharpener baskets!
- Our Fall Scholastic Book Fair was a huge success!
- We sold 3,079 books (our goal was 3,000!)
- We donated 110 books to students through our All for Books campaign.
- We raised $78.88 for All for Books plus received $100 donation from the Cranberry Women's Club.
- We purchased over $300 of new books for All for Books
- We purchased over $300 of new books for both HES and HMS libraries.
- We purchased $75 work of new books for our Special Education art classrooms.
- Provided $140 worth of teacher discounts on purchases over $20.
- We hosted our first Breakfast with Books event! Families were offered free breakfast, crafts, an indoor and outdoor story walk (provided by Cranberry Library) and the opportunity to shop the book fair!
Some of our 2022 - 23 Previous Accomplishments
In 2022-23 we had our first ever Boosterthon “Glow Run” raising over $60,000 to help increase our field trip funds and playground improvements.
In 2022-23 we were able to sponsor field trips for 1st – 6th grade, including bus fare, totaling about $13,000.
We have increased our 2023-24 Field Trip Budget to $15/every student for field trips plus bus fare for every grade level totaling $30,000 for the school year.
Our “Teacher Project” Budget allows us to fund extra classroom projects such as the Virtual Anne Frank Museum Field Trip for 6th Grade ($900), 3rd Grade Virtual Iditarod, March Madness Book Challenge and more!
Our 2022-23 Scholastic Book Fairs helped us earn $8,000 in cash and over $7,000 in scholastic dollars. With these Scholastic Dollars we were able to purchase HMS Book Vending Machine Books, teacher supplies, HES and HMS library books and over 300 books for our “All For Books” Campaign. We spent almost $5,000 scholastic dollars this year.
HES Author Visit – David Biedrzycki and HMS Author Visit – Jonathan Auxier totaling $4,300.
$75 start-up funds for every classroom teacher and $50 start-up funds for special and support teachers; about $4,500 each year.
Middle School “Book Vending Machine” Books purchased with Scholastic Dollars totaling $1,800.
We brought back our School Store in 2022-23 selling pens, pencils, markers and more from $0.05 to $2! Students enjoyed shopping before school and helped raise over $2,500!